A Happy List



Michelle wrote about doing more of what makes her happy on her blog last week and it really struck me how often I don't do that. It's always so easy to make excuses, tiredness the most common for me, and to sit in front of the telly catching up on Peaky Blinders. So here's a little list of my happy things, with a commitment to doing more of it!

  • Listening to this hygge Spotify playlist.
  • Yoga in the evenings. 
  • The first cup of tea on a weekend morning.
  • Woodland walks with Rupert.
  • Lunch with friends after a long work week.
  • An early night with a good book.
  • Consistently saving some money each month.
  • Minimalism and the space it gives me to breathe. 
  • Illustration, usually digital, sometimes watercolour.
  • Being adventurous in the kitchen and cooking new things.

Today is Blue Monday, not something I was aware of until I turned the radio on this morning, but let's not get caught up in how the media thinks we should be feeling. I invite you to celebrate what brings you joy instead and if you would like to start a conversation, you can share either in the comments below or on twitter. 



No comments